my grace is sufficient for you ... (2Cor12:9)
Paul's words to the Corinth church have been proved true as we've battled on since October with at least one child not being at school - and plenty of trips to doctors / hospital. We've realised - we're weak, fragile and our lives are in God's hands. We are generally very blessed with good health, but often take it for granted. Not a bad thing to realise we're weak ... even if not the easiest.
Praise God for …
- Encouraged by the visit of Paul & Caroline ... it was lovely amongst the drain of illness to be encouraged by friends, play card games (Ligretto) and talk lots.
- productive month - despite illnesses we managed to fix summer dates for camps organise a new camp and encourage the youth group that has formed at Farnad.
- good health generally - and bodies that often heal ... we really are grateful for D&R getting better, and that Emily seems to be heading that way
- Andy's trip to Hadley Wood & Sheffield - Andy really enjoyed being back at Hadley Wood, and came away very encouraged and challenged
- good health ... or stamina to keep plodding on ...
It would be lovely if life went back to 'normal' and we'd love to spend some time as a family thinking about Christmas, and we'd really like to go to church together this month (at least once!)
- Christmas festivities and opportunities
Christmas is such a lovely time to be amazed again at God coming to earth and a huge opportunity to talk with people about Jesus ... pray that we would!
- Ongoing bible studies and
Zs: 1-1 with neighbour & Bible study with wives,
A: Bible study with husbands (3rd & 17th)
Planning meeting for winter camps in Dec (many things seem to be in the air)
Helping settle the Shepherd family, arriving 29th December
- Andy's health: Andy visiting doctor on 1st to review tables - still hoping for increased energy by Christmas.
16 Trip to Sajogömör (Slovakia) with Shepherds 22-24 Andy & David on Dad's and lad's camp (ssshh it's a secret for David!!!) 25-28 A&Zs at youth conference (High Leigh) 28 AC Trustee meeting
With lots of love
Andy, Zsófi, David, Réka & Emily