Black Lives Matter has raised a number of issues within our communities and in response St Paul’s Church, Hadley Wood held an event on Sunday 27 September 2020 to help us be a more inclusive and diverse church family.
Samuel Jnr and Samuel Snr Okoronkwo shared their experience and reflections that effected them. John Hall introduced the danger of conscious and unconscious bias and Kirsty Birkett took us through some biblical principles of inclusion and diversity of being in Christ Jesus. You are most welcome to view the YouTube presentation.
How has art depicted Christ's life death and resurrection. A talk in two parts (note very beginning is missing from part 1),
The pictures referred to can be seen by downloading the attached pdf
The Humanity of Christ
1. The rest of the flight to Egypt - Orazio Gentileschi
2. The Flagellation - Caravaggio
3. Christ after the flagellation - Murillo
Christ Dies for Our Sins
4. Christ nailed to the cross - Gerard David
5. Raising of the cross -Peter Paul Rubens
6. The crucified Christ - Velazquez
7. Christ of St John on the Cross - Salvador Dali
Jesus Brings Forgiveness to Everyone
8. Christ and the Good Thief - Titian
Jesus Really Died
9. The Descent from the Cross - Rogier Van Der Weyden
10. Christ carried to the tomb - Tintoretto
Jesus Really Came Back to Life
11. Angels rolling away the sepulchre - William Blake
12. The Resurrection - Rembrandt van Rijn
13. The Three Marys at the Tomb - Hubert Van Eyck
14. The incredulity of St Thomas - Caravaggio
15. Christ appearing to the apostles after the resurrection - William Blake
16. Road to Emmaus - Duccio Di Buoninsegna
What Jesus has Done Will Decide Our Eternal Destiny
17. Resurrection of the Dead - Michelangelo
A huge thank you to everyone (both human and canine) that attended the dog show! We had a fabulous afternoon with lots and lots of winners! And a special thank you to Wood Street Veterinary Hospital who provided us with our judge.
Thank you to all those that helped to tidy up the garden and keep our church looking lovely!
Orange - The World
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honour and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
Fruit - God's Gifts to us
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
Candle - Jesus the Light of the World
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Red Band - Christ's Sacrifice
“For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.”
1 Peter 3:18
On Saturday 1st December we held a wonderful craft afternoon for all ages and abilities. Thank you to everyone that came, it was a fabulous event with lots of people getting involved and creative. If you didn't manage to make it this time we have lots of craft supplies left over so look forward to another one next year and feel welcome to attend any of our other Christmas events as listed on the home page!