Jane Ewer will bring our reading of Mark 4:21-34 which speaks of our responsibility and confidence in God’s word. Alison will be leading our prayers and will finish with a song.
Reminder : Jesus is coming to establish the Kingdom of God through his word
v3, 9, 15-16, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33.
Responsibility to heed God’s word and confidence knowing God will fulfil his word
Four positive responses to God’s word……
1. Be clear God has spoken v21-23
Who is the ‘them’?
- Why are we tempted to think that God has not been clear?
- Do you feel sometimes God is not speaking?
2. Be hungry for God’s word v24-25
- How will you do with the test of v24-25?
- Do you have a healthy appetite for God’s word?
- How can we encourage that appetite for God’s word amongst each other?
Proverb 19:15, Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep, and an idle person will suffer hunger.
3. Be confident in God’s word v26-29
- Who makes Christians? How?
- How might we have more confidence in his word?
4. Be amazed in God’s word v30-32
- If I think God’s word is ineffective what should I consider?
“Consider carefully what you hear”