This week we are looking at Mark 5:1-20 where again we discover the authoritative word of Jesus to build his Kingdom. Our reading will be brought to us by Lydia our Oak Hill student and Kirsty will be leading us in prayers. There is a closing hymn of ‘And can it be,’ but it does not come from one of our special musicians.
Big issue - will Jesus word have authority and power here, in a foreign land and over evil spirits?
- How have we previously learnt how authoritative Jesus word is?
The captive man v1-8
- This man is captive to many demons - what is the solution for this and and what should we do if we were ever to come across such a situation?
- What other things can capture us away?
The Rescuer v9-13
- Contrast the demon possessed man before and after - what strikes you as so different?
- Is Jesus your rescuer?
The missioner v14-20
- Why do you think the people pleased with Jesus to leave their region?
- Jesus commissions this man now to speak up, what do we need to speak up about what Jesus has done for us?
- Do you have a personal story to tell as to why you are a follower of Jesus? When did you last tell it?