This week at the beginning we have incorporated a VE Day remembrance with Jill Northam giving us a personal recollection of the event. It shows views of St Thomas hospital, Big Ben, a map of Hadley Wood in 1945 and the list of those who gave their lives in WW2 recorded on the ‘Hadley Wood Remembrance Board.’. This recording is slightly longer than usual.
I do pray this YouTube presentation will help you to honour those who gave their lives for our nation and will give you confidence in Jesus authority to deliver on his promises as he has authority to teach, over evil spirits and sickness.
Written by John Mark who was a close friend of Peter and Paul. Written around AD 60.
Summary of the message of Mark : Who is Jesus? and Why did he come?
Two bullet points of Jesus message…
v15 ‘The time has come,’ he said. ‘The Kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!’
v17, Jesus says ‘Come follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.’
How do we know that Jesus message has any weight of victory?
First, Jesus authority over evil spirits
• Why is it good that Jesus has authority over evil?
Second, Jesus authority to teach
• Are you convinced to listen to Jesus authority to teach? How will you do this?
Third, Jesus authority over sickness
Why is this authority required?
Why does Jesus preach?
1. Does Jesus' authority in these areas give you fresh confidence? In what areas?
2. In what way are you excited about the foretaste of the future which Jesus shows us here?
3. Why is a preaching more important than a healing ministry?