Boldog Új Évet Kívánunk!
We wish you a Happy New Year
It doesn't seem long since we last wrote, but we wanted to let you know about things going on in January for your prayers. We had a lovely time back in the UK - seeing family and friends for Christmas. [Sleeping in five different places, packing up seven times was tiring, but well worth it!] We came back refreshed, grateful to God for our family and friends. We are excited to look out on 2017, and whilst we don't know what the year will bring, we know God has it all in His hands, and will work out his purposes.
Thanks also for the many emails, cards and greetings over the Christmas period - wishing us well. It was lovely to hear from some of you.
- Great time in the UK (no illnesses, no difficulties with travelling) and coming back refreshed
- friends & family providing a car and accommodation whilst in the UK
- Good first "Anglican Youth Group" (6th Jan) 4 youth plus our family meeting at our house
- Opportunity to bring pastors, youth leaders over to UK for the youth conference (see below)
UK Youth Conference (16-19th January: Swanwick)
We're taking a group of 16 people from Hungary to this conference Please pray:
- safety as we travel, as it’s very cold and snowy here
- for us all to cope well with the cultural differences, and mix well with other youth workers from the UK
- to get to know the Lord better and His will for our ministry, and return inspired to keep going
- For David, Réka & Emily staying in Hungary with grandparents
- Sun 22 Andy preaching at Strandtown Baptist Church (Belfast)
- Sun 29 Andy preaching twice at Somorja Lutheran Church (Slovakia)
Peeking into Feb ...
3 Running a youth group with Győr Lutheran Church. (A new church we are working with.)
16 Andy's 40th Birthday, family visiting from UK
TBC: Anglican youth group at our house
General: Planning for Winter/Spring camps and getting teams for summer camps, starting mentoring programme with Hungarian youth leaders
Réka was disappointed not to be writing this edition ... so look forward to a February special
Andy, Zsófi, David, Réka & Emily