We just wanted to say a brief message to wish you all a Happy and Blessed Easter time. Again as the years roll it's time to particularly remember and celebrate the most incredible event in world history. It really is staggering what lengths God went to to provide a rescue for mankind. The words of the famous hymn ring strong:
Love so amazing, so divine,
demands my life my soul my all!
We also wanted to thank you for your prayers over the past month, but particularly for the joint winter camp. It really was a blessed occasion. I won't say too much as the official Acorncamps Newsletter should be arriving at your door or inbox soon. [Please email us if you don't receive this and would like to] That contains a full 2-page spread on the weekend with great praise and thanks to God for all His work, love and grace.
We also wanted to let you know of our planned whereabouts over the Easter weekend in case you are in the area and would like to say hello, we'd be delighted to see you there.
- 19:00 Agape Meal @ Christ Church Fulwood (A&Zs)
- 15:00 An hour round cross @ Christ Church Fulwood (All family)
- 10:30 Family Communion @ St. John's Chapeltown (All family)
- 18:30 Easter Celebration @ Christ Church Fulwood (probably A&Zs)
Here's a couple of prayer and praise points to fuel your prayer - and do sign up to Acorncamps prayer feed via prayermate if you'd like to receive the daily pray requests.
Praise God for …
- Réka and Zsófi really enjoyed their special time at the Mums & Daughters weekend at The Oakes
- Evangelistic evenings for friends (1st March) went well. 3 of Andy's friends enjoyed eating, drinking and chatting about suffering. Important issues were discussed and praise God for open and honest conversation.
- The book of Revelation ... even if it is not the easiest book to read as family quiet time!
- Great, blessed winter camp with 100 people
- Encouraging feedback from Andy teaching at Youth leaders conference and more people joining the Biblical-teaching workshop
- Very encouraging Langham Preaching Conference and exciting plans for development in this area with Andy getting more involved
- Ongoing safe travels and good time as we enjoy being here in the UK. (22 March - 5 April)
- wisdom with the idea of repeating our 'street Party' on 1st May as a way of building relationships with our neighbours.
- David, Réka and Emily to enjoy, feel more a part of and more at home in the British culture
- Clear communication with Hungarian churches regarding finalising summer camps, and for all UK teams to be filled and flights to be booked asap!
- Andy prepping four talks for national youth weekend for the Brethren Church in Hungary over the Pentecost weekend (19-21 May)
- Five-year vision: Pray for wisdom as we prayerfully consider how to focus our time, gifts and resources to best equip and serve the Hungarian church.
Please click here to subscribe to Daily prayer items (via Prayermate) for ACORNCAMPS.
Peeking into April ...
Lots of prep for the summer camps & Brethren weekend plus:
8 Andy preaching at Anglican Church Budapest
10, 17, 24 Expository Bible-teaching workshop
13, 14 Andy leading youth groups with two churches
17, Andy facilitating Langham Preaching Group for pastors in Budapest
20-22 Acorncamps Mission Week Training week in Sheffield
With lots of love
Andy, Zsófi, David, Réka & Emily