Oatridge Prayer update Nov-Dec 2016
Serving with ACORNCAMPS in Hungary
Many thanks for replying to Emily. She enjoyed understanding that people are interested in her, and not just mummy and daddy and their work and world.
Time seems to be flying and Advent is almost upon us. Again, another great opportunity to marvel at the enormity of Almighty God coming to earth. Sorry for the delay on this edition - and that some events have already passed! But hopefully this will further fuel your prayers, for which we're very grateful.
Praise God for …
- a good family time during the Autumn school break (29Oct -6Nov) We managed a few days in the Matra mountains with friends and then Réka and Emily spent time with grandparents whist we worked and David studied.
- Zsófi's family here, who are often ready to look after our kids, study with our kids and care for us, particularly so we can run training events, and visit churches. We're very grateful.
- Andy's parents being able to visit us very soon (21 Nov - 5 Dec)
- We have many friends in our church, and whilst it's not always easy - we give thanks for faithful godly leaders, and a focus on Bible teaching.
- Good meeting with Lutheran church leader in Győr (27 Oct) who would like to partner with us and run a youth camp in the Summer.
- The two training days (Oct 3, Nov 5) went very well with over 30 individuals attending on one or both events. Some travelled several hours to be there.
- Good time in the UK for Andy (16-23 Oct) sorting out the new financial systems, and for a new website for short-term volunteers and online application form which should make our admin easier.
- The Shepherd family will extend their work with us until August 2017.
- Returning to UK for Christmas (16 Dec - 2 Jan) Please pray as we think about how to use our time wisely.
- School: It's a slog. As Emily said: Please pray for mummy and daddy! For patience and energy.
- Ongoing Thursday evening bible studies: We are still meeting at our house, finishing studies on marriage (Ladies) and beginning to look at the book of Daniel (Guys). Pray we would be shaped and formed to Christ as we open His Word.
- Our church: We are no longer involved in the Sunday teaching at our church due to reorganisation of groups and leaders. This is a bit sad, and hopefully we'll be able to be involved at some point in the future.
- Youth events: We have agreed to run a regular youth event (maybe monthly) for the Anglican community here in Budapest until next summer. We're excited about being involved in direct youth work. Please pray for wisdom to know: what to do, when and how.
- Baptism prep: Andy is giving Baptism preparation for Emily (16) and her parents. Pray she would really understand what it means to give Jesus everything and follow him!
- 13 Nov: Andy taking part in Remembrance service
- 11 Dec: Andy preaching & leading at the Anglican Church in Budapest.
- 11 Nov & 9 Dec: Andy doing a youth-group visitation, evaluation and training for a Budapest Reformed youth group.
- 20 Nov: Andy speaking at St. Paul's Hadley Wood for their annual mission-partner Sunday service.
- 3 Dec: Andy prepping for final training day teaching from the book of Daniel.
- Youth conference (16-19Jan). We are delighted to have a group of ~16 Hungarian pastors and youth leaders joining us on the Good Book Company youth conference.
2 Flying back to Hungary
16-19 UK Youth Conference with Hungarians
Emily, Andy, Zsófi, David & Réka