Thanks for your prayers. It means a lot to know that as the nights draw in, the temperature drops, the work continues ... that there are friends and family members praying both for us and the ongoing work here in Hungary.
Looking back: October seems to have flown by, we had a lovely visit from Sheffield friends, visited Romania during the school break (stayed at an inspirational place for orphans set up by Christians - www.caminulfelix.org), and spent lots of time nursing children with illnesses (David: Pneumonia & Bronchitis, Réka: bad cough and chest) then helping them catch up with school work. Excitingly our church has appointed new elders who have brought renewed energy and enthusiasm with ideas of restarting a 'family monthly group' and adapting the 'mens' group'.
Looking forward: November seems to be a busy month with lots of exciting things in the diary - we just hope and pray that the kids stay well, (at the time of sending we've just found out that Réka has a mild form of pneumonia and will be off school for at least a week!) and that we can use our time wisely.
Praise God for …
- ACORNCAMPS ... we have almost got all the camp dates sorted for 2016 which is a real achievement! and have confirmed that God-willing the Shepherd family from Sheffield are coming to Hungary for a year from January 2016
- Keeping us going through a tiring month ... David's illness dragged on with many trips to the doctors / lung hospital - but praise God it all cleared up and we got through. The holiday wasn't quite what we'd planned, but we managed to at least have a change, work on the house & garden, and visit Romania.
- Speaking engagements / visits:
1st Zsófi (& Andy) leading Kids service (sunday school) at our church.
3rd A&Zs visiting Lutheran church in Sarvas (SE Hungary) to discuss a new summer camp
7th Taking youth group in Farnad, Slovkia
8th Andy taking part in Civic Rememberance service
15th Andy speaking St. Paul's Hadley Wood on their Mission Partner Sunday in the morning and giving a talk on "A Christian response to the Refugee Crisis" in the evening.
20-23rd Paul & Caroline Williams (Fulwood Vicar) visiting us
- Ongoing bible studies
Zs: 1-1 with neighbour & Bible study with wives,
A: Bible study with husbands
- Acorncamps: Finding a house for the Shepherd family from Sheffield to live in from January when they come to work as short-term mission volunteers for a year.
- Andy's health: Pray that the tablets take effect and energy levels return by Christmas. Andy seemed to be more tired than ever in October!
... we hear Christmas is coming ...
With lots of love
Andy, Zsófi, David, Réka & Emily